Feeds RSS

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

#PrayForBaltimore

Reason 43:
We had the prayer circle after rehearsal. 
It was such a good thing. I am super glad I went. 
We had candles and went around the square and gave everyone the opportunity to say a prayer if they wanted to, or if they wanted to keep if between themselves and God that was fine too. 
Arielle sang some wonderful songs, I left when the singing started but hearing it while walking back to Whiteford was such a comforting thing, it put me at peace. 
When I got back to the dorm, a nice guy made sure I had my keys. 

People need to remember that Freddie Gray was a person. He had a family. They are heartbroken and their world is shattered with his death. Often, people see people like him and Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin as symbols, and they forget that they are real people, who had lives and futures ahead of them, and that they are not going to be able to have a future because of violence and racism and so many factors. 

I am so sad that tragedy had to happen in order to bring people together. However, I am happy that we are trying to become better. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment