Feeds RSS

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Reason #82

wow I am forgetful to number these things. 

Funny enough, today's reason to be happy is church! (wow, never thought I'd say that.)
It was their first 6pm mass ever. Youth lead the music and readings and all the churchy things. 

This guy waves my dad down and asks him to help with collection and he does, because he's a Knight of Columbus (I don't really know, jesus fraternity.) and then he taps me on the shoulder asking me if I can help him. You don't say no in a church when people ask you for help. Unless they are asking for money and you don't have any. So I told him yes and he had me be one of the people who brings up the gifts for communion. Basically I carried a small thing of wine. I didn't drop it! :) 

Then he says he needs me again, and I'm like "crap. Now he knows me." So then I usher for communion. Simple, not a lot of people were there. Quick. 

He grabs me a third time and says "I'm gonna need you to help with the second collection." And I'm next to this dude and he asks me if I know what I'm doing and I tell him no and he was very nice and explained everything to me. 

So in short this 6pm mass thing

  • Better music, less unnecessary singing, but still not as good as intervarsity
  • hopefully they'll get relateable sermons in there too. 
  • I learned how to usher, collect, and bring up gifts and it all went well.
  • It was a youth group mass, and I can pass for middle/high school apparently well?

0 comments:

Post a Comment