camp went super well today. We've done things I'd never thought possible.
Art-I was actually helpful on a project and didn't cut myself with the xacto knife. The projects are coming along really well too!
Drama-Sonie has a system, which will be revealed later, and he's like "don't worry about blocking the kids." They were all happy with their roles and no fuss! Bless.
Music-WE'RE DOING VIRGINIA REEL!! It's an oolllddd dance from colonial times but it's so much fun, honestly it's a game. And during follow the yellow brick road/we're off to see the wizard, they kids get to do a few steps. It was one of the first things I learned here. I love it. I get really pumped in music,
Dance-A LITTLE MORE THAN HALF THE DANCE IS CHOREOGRAPHED
That has never happened before. The kids like the dance. I was able to be helpful and demonstrate steps!!
The campers really seem to like me, which makes me feel super good. They were cheering me on in dance chanting Q! Q! Q! even when I did steps wrong haha. I promised Sandra I'd learn how to do the things in the warmup correctly by the sixth week. I have time. Also, we're working on bringing back theme days like group color day and pajama day and Disney Day. (tbh everyday is disney day when you're in the Dazzle)
Art-I was actually helpful on a project and didn't cut myself with the xacto knife. The projects are coming along really well too!
Drama-Sonie has a system, which will be revealed later, and he's like "don't worry about blocking the kids." They were all happy with their roles and no fuss! Bless.
Music-WE'RE DOING VIRGINIA REEL!! It's an oolllddd dance from colonial times but it's so much fun, honestly it's a game. And during follow the yellow brick road/we're off to see the wizard, they kids get to do a few steps. It was one of the first things I learned here. I love it. I get really pumped in music,
Dance-A LITTLE MORE THAN HALF THE DANCE IS CHOREOGRAPHED
That has never happened before. The kids like the dance. I was able to be helpful and demonstrate steps!!
The campers really seem to like me, which makes me feel super good. They were cheering me on in dance chanting Q! Q! Q! even when I did steps wrong haha. I promised Sandra I'd learn how to do the things in the warmup correctly by the sixth week. I have time. Also, we're working on bringing back theme days like group color day and pajama day and Disney Day. (tbh everyday is disney day when you're in the Dazzle)


0 comments:
Post a Comment