Feeds RSS

Monday, June 15, 2015

Camp, camp, camp it up!

Orientation/training/what have you was today.
From 10-4. We better get paid for this ish, all I'm sayin.

My friend Maggie drove me, and then we saw Jake in the parking lot and flipped out because we miss him. And we chatted and caught u, saw Hilary, and went inside. I think we were the only counselors? There were two Junior counselors, Emily and Tyra (tear (like raindrops from your eyes)-a, not tyra as in banks). Tyra is new. Then the core 4 directors, with two newbies, and th ed director lady and her assistant. 

It was a solid training, a lot of games, a lotta fun too. We even got lunch break and tshirts. The thing with this camp is you don't remember when you came or how long you've been here, you never leave. You can try, but you'll always end up here one way or another, it sucks you in. That's good, i guess. They're like my summer family. We've had a ton of tears and this camp is the reason I do not stage manage or move periactoids/flats, it's given me a lot of fears, but we always manage to have fun too. It's worth it for the kids, y'kno? 

I can't wait to see who I'm working with for first session and how all these changes are gonna go. (Auditions on the first day? Whaaat?!) 

Ready to start my Journey to Oz.

Title from this song, my friend angeline showed me this movie at camp last year, and it's her alarm clock. (she's thepungeonmaster on tumblr)
It's a silly little song that makes me smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment