As possibly the last time I'll get to use my official title as Stage Mom, here's a few things I've learned:
- The measure of your success lies within the happiness of your children. That said, you can't make everyone love you all the time. But at the end of the day, if your kiddo says thank you or gives you a thumbs up, it means a lot.
- Despite the binder, you will not be prepared for everything. You will have new situations to encounter. It's ok. Go discover new and uncharted territory. It's an adventure.
- What happens, happens. You can't control the actions of the kiddos. Even if it reflects back on you.
- You don't do this job for the recognition.
- Try and do the right thing, not the easy thing.
- Make loopholes if possible while staying within the boundaries of the constitution if it's for a better purpose and not for selfish gains.
- Pray a lot.
- Rely on those who have gone before you. They are invaluable.
- Trust your partner. But don't be afraid to follow up.
- You are under a microscope. It's scary. Just know that Stage Parent is not all of you. It is simply one of the many facets.
- No one can take away the joy from you. Maybe for a little bit, but you will always have the memories.
Tonight. I give my speech. I leave the room. I pray. And then it's outta my hands, and into the hands of gen cast, including my wonderful babies. I've done all that I can, and it's been a ride. I'm at peace with it. It is no longer my decision. I don't know what's gonna happen tonight. I'm trying to be okay with that.


0 comments:
Post a Comment