Feeds RSS

Friday, June 24, 2016

On Graduation

I know this isn't as important or big as a regular Graduation. It's quite small and simple. But it means the world to me.  Knowing that this group of girls/women/ladies loves and cares about me so much to give me these thoughtful metaphorical gifts made me cry. I will take these things with me as I go to iop:

  • self confidence
  • moving forward (from the iop leader Lisa)
  • daily high-five
  • uncertainty (from my therapist Lauren)
  • a pat on the back (from my nutritionist Trish)
  • inner peace
  • self-care
  • good times and happy vibes
  • serenity
  • High key confidence
  • happiness
  • self love
  • strength
  • laughter
  • a life full of love
  • self awareness
  • courage
  • ripping up my timeline 
  • self confidence
  • peace 
Then I was asked to give myself a gift. I've never done that before and it was weird thinking that I was deserving of any gift, much less one from myself. I gave myself the gift of being Dory. 
Dory 
is impulsive, choosing her path simply because she likes something. She doesn't worry about what comes next.  She looks for another way to do things if it is originally too complicated, she doesn't give up. She just keeps swimming. 
I want that for myself in life, and in my recovery. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment